Software Development Kit
The Video Insight Software Development Kit (SDK) is an application programming interface that provides the ability for third-party software developers or supported OEMs to develop their own client-side applications to access live and recorded video from Video Insight servers via an interface provided by Video Insight.
- The SDK application programming interface is supported by Video Insight and is used by our Web Client as an Active X control. This support guarantees the developer that the interface is used by our main product lines. As new cameras, compression types and functionality are added to our main product line, this Active X will be updated in a manner that the existing code will be functional with new server features.
- Wide camera library: Video Insight supports 4,100 cameras from 150 manufacturers.
- Add video: The SDK makes it easy to add video functionality to security systems-all that is needed is a basic understanding of HTTP-based RESTful API.
- For developers, the SDK is available free of charge.
- SDK Support is available. (Variable fees will apply based on hours of support requested).
SDK Supports a Set of Functions Highlighted Below
- Retrieve a list of cameras, with the user’s appropriate live, playback, and PTZ permissions if security is enabled. If security is not enabled, the complete list of cameras at the server is returned.
- Show resizable live video in a new window or in the same window.
- Look up a camera’s recorded video files.
- Play recorded video in a new window or in same the window, both resizable, and with or without player controls. Player control buttons and the slider bar are fully customizable.
- Send pan-tilt-zoom operation commands to PTZ cameras, and recall presets if available.
- Send SDK events to trigger predefined rules at the server.